Have you ever snorkel with your kids before? Or maybe you are in the middle of gathering information about what you should do before snorkeling with kids? This article will enlighten you and you’re welcome. Snorkeling with kids is very interesting as a parent and for your information, there are parents who even snorkel with their baby, isn’t it awesome? But, what are the gears that should be prepared for them?
There are two most important gears all parents with no other option have to equip your kids during snorkeling, kid’s life vest and snorkel mask. Let us focus on the kid’s life vest for the appetizer. There is one common situation you’ll get before hopping in the boat to start your journey to snorkeling spot is, the boatman will only provide life vests that suits up only 4 years old kids and above. Yes, there’s none for any kids that below the age. Face it!
Kids' Life Vest
- Wrong kids’ life vest size and fit by the boatman!
- Never entrust unfit and wrong size kids life vest to minimize any unwanted scenario during snorkeling to your kids.
- Let’s think, if you are wearing a too big or too small t-shirt, what will you feel? The least is you’ll feel uncomfortable because it’s just a t-shirt!
- But, for a life vest, it is a serious matter to be accounted for!
- Safety features from a life vest will be disabled and it might wear off from your kids due to bad fitting while snorkeling.
- Life vests provided by the boatman might a worn out one and hygiene factor is questionable!
- ‘Let’s just buy it online, it’s cheap, especially the inflatable life vest or maybe swimming vest, right?
- This is a common and very dangerous mistake. Stop it!
- Have you ever think, how are you going to make sure those cheap choices will prevent any circumstances that might occur to your kids?
- We are talking about safety equipment, does it need approval from any organization or bodies? Think about it!
- Kids’ life vests with approval!
- It’s just not approved but with the best fitting and size kids’ life vests will assist your kids to minimize the risks during any water activities.
- As we all know Asian kid is smaller compare to Western which definitely will not equal having one size fit both of them, commonly. Get the Asian kids’ life vests size that completely will fit your kids correctly.
- Any Personal Flotation Device (PFD) or life vests is required to get approval from the United States Coast Guard (USCG) and Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (ULC).
- Please check the disclaimer and signage on any kid’s life vests you purchased to assure your kids using the approved life vests.
- Get used to your gears.